Tea Time: Naps
Posted: Aug 12 2014
We’re finally back from a hiatus! Sorry about that, things were getting a little out of control. But don’t worry, your weekly #teatime posts will now resume as normal. This week’s topic is naps. Yes, those awesome-i-really-need-to-sleep naps. Napping has become one of my favorite past time, because it does so much for me. After naps, I’m usually ready to go. That is, if I don’t sleep too much.
Now there are five different types of naps you can take. Pick the one that suits you best!
1. The Nano-Nap (10-20 seconds): to get rid of the person sitting next to you (hah!)
2. The Micro-Nap (2-5 minutes): to get rid of your sleepiness
3. The Mini-Nap (5-20 minutes): to make you more alert
4. The Original Power Nap (20 minutes): to help clear your mind + micro/mini
5. The Lazy Man’s Nap (50-90 minutes): to help repair your muscles
A one hour nap can improve your alertness for over 10 hours! Clock out and hit the snooze. Squeeze in a few minutes between rehearsals to clear your head, refresh yourself and continue.